- Protect mattresses and furniture with padding and covers.
- Place valuables such as electronic equipment towards rear of your storage space.
- Use bubble wrap, cardboard, old newspapers, blankets, old sheets to help prevent damage to mirrors and pictures and other items that may get damaged. Always stand mirrors and pictures up, never store flat.
- Place heavy solid items on the bottom and at the back, then place lighter boxes, items on top.
- Put items you’ll need more often near the front of your storage shed.
- Label all boxes on several sides for easy locating.
- Leave refrigerator and freezer doors open slightly and clean and dry before storing. You can even to use the inside space to store small items.
- Disassemble tables and shelves and store on their sides. Be sure to wrap corners and edges to protect the item.
- Drain petrol from lawn mowers and other power equipment. Also leave NO fuel in fuel cans.
- Seal boxes completely with packing tape to keep out dust and pack snugly to prevent collapsing when stacked.
- Pack your space leaving a centre aisle if possible to allow access to items at the rear.
Vacuum your lounge to remove crumbs this will help to keep out vermin.
Never store any goods that are illegal, stolen, inflammable, explosive, environmentally harmful, hazardous or perishable.